We have arrived

Pisgah Forest Travel Blog

Walking to dinner from my hotel...definitely out in the woods, now!

I had another four hours of road time before arriving at Brevard, where I would camp for three nights to explore the area.  Relieved to finally arrive, I checked in at the Holiday Inn Express (reviewed in tomorrow’s entry) and unbundled.  Returning to the front desk, I asked for a dinner recommendation, prefaced with a desire for something within walking distance.

How disappointing to learn Brevard was still three miles down the road.  Not to mention the attendant’s favorite place was a pizza joint there (a bit uninspiring, lol).  The good news was a sushi joint lay just down the street - the attendant had clearly never dined there, despite being aware of its existence.  I seized upon the raw deal to hoof a half mile to Sora, which proved a delightful evening repast.

As I started writing up reviews, it became apparent my hotel was in the town of Brevard, but the sushi restaurant was in the town of Pisgah Forest.  I try to keep pictures and reviews properly aligned with the town referenced by the blog entry, so the hotel review gets reserved for tomorrow when I can properly tie it in with rambles around Brevard.

Walking to dinner from my hotel...…
Walking to dinner from my hotel..…
Pisgah Forest Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Oriental Delight
A surprisingly nice sushi joint in the middle of nowhere, Sora features a pleasing décor and a strict, standard menu. By “strict” I mean it was … read entire review
Pisgah Forest