Im here

Bangkok Travel Blog

Well, all my worries etc are over and im here.

Staying on the Khoa San Road, its a bit annoying but central and i have 4 more days to wait for my friend.... Am at a bit of a loss as to what to do as my friend wants to see everything when she gets here, though have managed to sneak in a few temples and was lucky enough to get to see the lucky bhudda (normally closed to tourists) Im sure after ive done more than get drunk i'll have lots more to share.....

So its just my luck that i get sick too...... Oh the joy, however at least it has stopped me going exploring before my friend arrives.... I have decided that the Khao San road just isnt for me, so ive taken my poorly little body round the corner and will wait patiently for my friend to arrive - not long to go know.! So after this i promise upbeat happy reports, just as long as i dont have to stay on the khao san road again.

Ok, so i moved off the Khao San Road by just 1 street and i got happy again...... Not even the sound of "tuk tuk" could pull me from my happy place. Soi Rambuttri is a great place for places to stay and things to eat... I meet s great German guy and spent a few days drinking shakes, visiting Wats and taking in a ping pong show..... haha

So now im heading off to Chaing Mai, overnighting on a train, and i think, even though i got off to a bad start in Bangkok, I might miss then place.....

lenis18 says:
yeah khao san kinda sucks. ;) its expensive and loud. but on the other side there is a road. surprise ;) I have no idea what its called but it is less noisy and not as expensive and its still in the "center". Stayed there with my friend and we gave 150 baht per person per night in the high season.. when we stayed at khao san we payed 800 baht. that sucked. beer on that side is also cheaper. and if you need to relax i recommed going to the gas station that turns into a bar at night. insane. but right next to it you can get a fantastic foot massage. :D did us some good.
altmtl says:
Go here: & tell me if their pub draft is any good - lol
altmtl says:
I won't be staying on KSR, at least not when I arrive. I need to be near a metro or skytrain.
Bangkok Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice bit of quiet in an otherwise noisy tourist area
Ive had a great time staying here, ive had 2 rooms, first a superior single, which was clean and pleasant to stay in, the second a superior twin, whic… read entire review
Bangkok Hotels & Accommodations review
Not too bad, clean sheets no cockroaches and the staff have been friendly and helpfull. I would recommend earplugs though, its not the quietest place
photo by: halilee