Driving to Santa Monica to see Lili!

Santa Monica Travel Blog

me and lili at the beach
when i found out lili was going to be in california i knew that i would be going there. hahah no question about that. luckily i got friday off from work so that i could see her. on thursday i slept around 1am and i woke up around 4 am on friday so i can get a good start to the day.. the drive to hermosa pier was around 4 hours.. so i left around 5. made sure i got all my stuff.. and left for california.. i dont usually do long drives by myself.. infact i dont think i have ever done long driving by myself.. i always had someone with me.. so this was a first for me.. the only thing i was worried about was getting lost.. but i printed out directions from mapquest so all i had to do was follow directions... my drive was long and uneventful.. mostly ate apples and sang to myself in my truck.
ahahha

i arrived at hermosa pier with no problem.. i was going to meet lili and ana (from germany) at the surf city hostel.. i found a parking spot and walked to the pier.. but i couldnt find the hostel.. while walking i saw this girl who looked like ana but i wasnt sure i was her so i walk around the pier again.. then i called ana asking where the hostel was.. a guy walking his dog overheard i was lost and showed me the hostel (thats nice of him)... i walked upstairs to the office and booked my room for two nights ( i was invited to stay with Joy but i didnt want to intrude) .. anyway as it turns out they were outside.. so i met them outside. there i saw lili and ana ( the one i saw before) and we all decided we were hungry so we went to a cafe by the hostel and ordered good old american breakfast.
sand molder

after breakfast we were wondering what to do but ana already walked around the pier a few days before and i had no clue what to see in LA. lili and ana searched for a map to santa monica and after hours of searching hahah we got to santa monica blvd with the help of a phone call to jenn. we walked the blvd and then walked to santa monica peir... lili was having some problems with her camera.. cause it was new.. so she switched back to her handheld.. then we walked along the beach for an hour or so.. then we walked back to the blvd to see if our table was still reserved at the bar. it was reserved at 4.. but we actually we be starting our little meetup till 7.. so instead we walked around some more.. lili went makeup shopping  and then we went to the bookstore.
me jenn and nhi
.  we met angela (lilis friend) and off we go to the bar.. there was just four of us to start off but there will be 24 at the end.. we ordered drinks and chips and hot wings and soon everyone started comming in..  ofcourse the LA crew was there minus tracy.. and some new tbs also.. lisa and eric joined us too which was cool.

at this point i was really tired cause i only had 3 hours of sleep.. we left around 11 ish.. and i got back to the hostel at 12 or so...  my room was right above this bar and club so i could hear all the people and music which was great cuase i forgot my ipod.. so i fell asleep instantly..

RJ82 says:
matt it wouldve been awesom if you wre there!!
Posted on: Oct 18, 2009
hermosa beach
hermosa beach
ana and her american breakfast
ana and her american breakfast
lili trying to hide from camera by…
lili trying to hide from camera b…
my breakfast
rob joy chris and neil
rob joy chris and neil
lisa alice and jenn
lisa alice and jenn
lili with lisa and eric (founder)
lili with lisa and eric (founder)
lili and her new camera