It has been a long time...

Shenyang Travel Blog

I know that some people have probably been wondering where I have been.  I know that I have not done a good job keeping up my presence in this community we call Travbuddy this past year, but I have been busy, so cut me a little slack.

It has been awhile since my last real blog, so let me give you a quick rundown of what has been going on in my life the past year.

I am still in Shenyang, China.

I am still single and sane...OK, may be not that sane in a traditional definition of the word, but sane for me.

I went to Japan last February and it was awesome.  I was there for three weeks and it went by way too quickly.  Japan is incredibly wonderful.  I followed the Japanese post-hardcore band Envy around three of their shows while I was there and they are some of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

I am still teaching for Fort Hays State here.

I have been told that I am "an extremely handsome man" by many of my female students.  Coincidentally, they always tell me that that the week final papers are due.  Must be something with the weather.

I have been speaking Chinglishjanish (a hybrid language consisting of Chinese, English, Azerbaijani and Spanish).  The sad thing is that people here understand me better when I speak that than when I try to speak Chinese.

Life is still cool and wonderful even when it sucks.

I have traveled to Dalian, Anshan, and Dandong here in China.
CrazyLisa says:
Welcome back. I took an extreme hiatus from tb as well but its always good to come back and see what people are up to. Love the Chinglishjanish. I usually try the french, english, spanish version myself.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009
pbug31 says:
hey nice to see whats been happening!!! glad ur enjoying urself. :)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2009
geerbox says:
Hey man!! I was wondering what you've been up to! Good to hear everything is going good for you. I'm interested in reading more of this blog, so keep it current! :)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2009