A day on the beach

Polyrizos Beach (Rodakino) Travel Blog

Polyrizos Beach
Finally, no storm anymore :) plus temperatures around 20° C at 7 a.m. already :D I was so happy!! Breakfast in the sun with hot coffee, fresh bread and tomatoes. Life is great :)

This would be a perfect day on the beach and after all the travelling in the past days we decided to have a relaxing one - just enjoying the sun.

I wondered if there would be another beach in the closer surrounding and asked Klaus if we should have a look around. If we wouldn't find one we could go to Koraka Beach then. Instead to turn left to Koraka we turned right to the unknown land. After some hundred meters the paved road ended and a gravel road began. Now we had to decide to follow the road or make a turn left on a dirt road. I assumed the dirt road should lead us to the beach and I was right.
Polyrizos Beach

The beach is amazing. It is clean, sandy with small pebbels and some huge rocks around and the best thing was it was nearly empty. Even at the entrance where the lazy people usually are - lol. To make sure we would have our peace we went up the beach for about 200 m and except of 1 camper standing under some olive trees we were alone. How perfect is that? It seemed to be a day in paradise and it was. Just swimming, relaxing and sunbathing.

At 5 p.m. we went back to the hotel for a shower and preparing for dinner. But before we went there we went back to the beach for sunset. I wondered if we could see one from this beach but the mountains where too high there, too. We didn't mind. It was a perfect day - even without a perfect sunset.

We had dinner in our hotel and it was great :) I never thought so because the breakfast was a bit poor. We had greek salad and tzaziki as appetizer. Since they didn't have a menue we went into the kitchen and choose our meal there. We completed it with red wine and beer.
Koralifix says:
Woohoo, congrats on being featured today! Fantastic job, Jutta!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2009