mmm Relaxation

Ljubljana Travel Blog

The three of us are parting ways now. They are off to Italy while I'm going to Slovenia.

I decided my body needs a day or two of relaxing and what better place for this than Slovenia.
Its a nine hour trip bouncing between trains and buses to trains to buses back to trains...Me being me I got prepared and made myself some tasty sandwiches and put them in a plastic bag with my Czech cookies.

I'm on the train with my backpack and daybag and go to get a sandwich and guess what...I left them at the hostel...Bye bye tasty sandwiches and Czech cookies!. I had 15 mins before the train departed so raced out and grabbed the first things resembling food I could find...A couple of sandwiches which looked a week old and a dry meat burger of some type. Its food at least and I would not see that again until 9pm.

Finally here. Now I get a 20 minute walk to the hostel.

I spent my full day wandering around the city being a tourist. The castle is lame but has a great view and has free entry.

The next full day was spent in Bled. My last morning I had to get up early to shower, eat,etc and catch my train. After showing and etting dressed in the shoebox they call a shower I broke my cellphone!..It now works by applying pressure on a certain place on the screen.
It was 7am and I went downstairs to grab some breakfast before heading to the Train Station...Imagine my delieght when I found out breakest started at 8am!

Out the door, grabed food and on the train to Zagreb. A cruisy 2 hour trip..Hehe I forgot to hand back in my hostel key - Good thing they didn't take a deposit.

Ljubljana Hostels review
This hostel is a mixed bag. They provide you with all sorts of tea and even honey for your hot drinks and provide breakfast. The rooms are clean an… read entire review
Ljubljana