Beijing Travel Blog

Never fly Arab airline when time is involved!

I flew Etihad airlines from Athens to Beijing, stopping off in Abu Dhabi for 2 hours to change planes.
They are apparently Arabs best airline. That's worry because they were about as good as any other regular long distance flight. My first plane arrived in Abu Dhabi an hour late even though it was apparently perfect flying the entire way, then they took their sweet time to put us on a bus to drive 10 metres to unload us into the terminal.
This leaves me with 45 minutes to get to the other side of the airport - keeping n mind you must board 20 minutes prior to departure. It's a good thing I can run fast and slide off walls to get around silly tourist who insist on walking across the entire walkway!

Made it was 10 minutes to spare and jumped on my plane to Beijing - Or as the sign said - Perking.
.this was a worry in its self.

Landed in Beijing at 9am, jumped on the airport express train and transferred to the subway to get to my hotel. I am surprised as how easy it is to navigate Beijing. All the signs are in English and Chinese. I have a feeling this is because of the Olympics.

First day in Beijing I'm running on coffee and two hours sleep so just wander around taking photos. Early night. Second day I took off to the Forbidden City and surrounding parks and wandered some more. That night I met up with the group who I will be with for the next 20 days. We went out for dinner and a few drinks.

The third day involved a quick orientation tour and then I took of on my own to see more of Beijing.
On the last day I went with the group to the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace.

We all went out as a group for a few drinks. The following day were off to the Great Wall.
Beijing Hotels & Accommodations review
Average hotel with nothing special. Has a kettle in the room and wifi.
photo by: Eric