Bring on the hot pools

Budapest Travel Blog

The original plan was to head up to Bansk√° Bystrica and go for a day trek but after realising their were no hostals their I quickly changed my plans to head over to Budapest.  The guys which I met on the bus from Krakow to Prague also found out that the bus connections from Bratislava are limited so are heading over to Budapest with me and will likely head to Greece from their while I go down to Slovenia.

First night in Budapest we arrived out our hostel, dropped our gears and grabbed some beers. Had some drinks with the other people staying at the hostel and then heading out to the underground club which was on the 4th story. Having no idea what the forint was worth we all spent way to much but had a good night anyway.
The following day we were up at 11, found somewhere for lunch and went sight seeing.

After flicking through the flyers on whats to do in Budapest it occurred to us that this place is rather happening so booked another 2 night in the hostel. The following day we spent the morning in the Hot Pools and the afternoon/night climbing through caves under Budapest.
The hot pool were a series of 12 or so thermal pools located throughout an old style building located in the centre of the park.
The Caving was a tour underground through some small sections of rock. Both are recommended.

We spent our last full day in Budapest out in the Buda hills shooting stuff!. I got to fire off five different guns ranging from a 9mm to a Magnum. Back at the hostel its time to pack my backpack and make my lunch for the folloing day.

Budapest Hostels review
The Aboriginal Hostel is located resonably central to town and feels more like an extension to a home that a hostel. A bed is under 10 pounds for a ni… read entire review
Budapest