Backpackers City

Yangshuo Travel Blog

We arrived in Guilin from the overnight train and caught a bus to Yangshuo. Arrived late in the afternoon.
After checking in we went out for dinner and drinks. The following day we took an orientation walk around the city and was shown the produce market where they sell cooked dog and living turtles,fish etc.
Afterwards I walked for while and then attended a Kung Fu class with two of the guys. The techer taught us bsic movements of 5 animals.

Later in the afternoon we had the opportunity to attend and be part of an English teaching evening. This involved me sitting at a table with a group of Chinese people between 15 and 25 and just chatting, encouraging them to talk. In my group we ended up playing cards and having a good laugh. It was a great experience, and was probably the first time I have had people listening to my every word!.

Later once back in town, the intrepid group went for drinks, I ended up taking off to chat to some other people in the bar. Got back to the hotel at 2am. I was meant to get up and go for a Tai Chi lesson but decided to skip it.

at 10am we headed out as a group to go kayaking don the river. Very relaxing.

Once we got back I grabbed some lunch and did some last minute shopping and posted a parcel back home.
Yangshuo Hotels & Accommodations review
It is an average hotel. Nothing special. If the hot water was turned off you had to go downstairs to turn it on ad then wait 15 minutes before usin… read entire review
photo by: sylviandavid