Visiting the Queen

London Travel Blog

Buckingham Palace only opens during the Summer period and I am lucky in a sense that my visit coincides with it being open. As it is one tourist attraction that is not always open to the public, it was good to see.

We bought our tickets and started our grand tour of the palace. There is an audio guide to help explain what you are seeing. It was exciting to see the inside, for me anyway, hahaha! Of course, there was the requisite grand staircase adorned with red carpet, and the original works of some of the greatest painters of our times. There was also an exhibit of gifts given to the Queen by the commonwealth countries as well as dresses worn by her during her state visit to different places and countries. Of course, we were not permitted to take pictures of the inside of the palace, so I had to be content on taking picture of the palace ground.

After Buckingham Palace, we now made our way to Westminster Abbey. It was closed already for the day so again, we just took photos outside the Abbey then walked on to Big Ben, Parliament Houses and London Eye. I just feasted my eyes on the glittering lights of several icons of London. For now, it is enough because tomorrow is another day.

marix_sublime says:
hahaha..nicole...wala...wala sila dun..apparently, pag summer, nsa Scotland ang beauty ni Queen :)
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009
lauro says:
huy marix!! bigyan mo ako ng time! hindi ko pa nababasa itong blog mo! nagkasakit kasi ako!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2009
cookeymuncher says:
Did you see the royal family?
Sana nagpa-picture ka with Prince William! ;-)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2009
back part of Buckingham Palace...i…
back part of Buckingham Palace...…
the lake inside the palace