London Eye plus River Cruise

London Travel Blog

The day was so sunny, it was hard to believe it was supposed to be autumn already. Anyway, we didn’t waste the great weather. We decided to experience London Eye. I was with my aunt throughout and she very patiently pointed to me some of the famous landmark of the London skyline as see from the London eye.

We had lunch at Chopstix, a Chinese Restaurant near the London Eye, but again, that’s another story.

We then decided to go on a river cruise by the Thames River and the ultimate destination? Greenwich! The ride was great as we also have a very able and jolly tour guide. He would point out various landmarks by the wharf and would tell us ‘inside stories’ about practically all the landmarks seen.

When we were at Greenwich Pier, I wanted to see the Cutty Sark. Unfortunately, it was closed for renovation…so we wandered around the centre of their town and snapped some pictures and eventually decided we’re cold and coffee would just be great. Starbucks was just around the corner so to speak so we parked our tired self and enjoyed the coffee and cakes inside.

Heading home, there was a lil bit of confusion how are we going to head back to central London, apparently, Greenwich is way beyond the usual route of their tube. After some figuring out with matching asking question to the railway people, we were able to fine our way back.

queue going to the London Eye
queue going to the London Eye
see big ben?
see big ben?
a london eye capsule, up in the air
a london eye capsule, up in the air
parliament of houses again, plus b…
parliament of houses again, plus …
going to the river cruise