Arrivals, arrivals, arrivals!

London Travel Blog

At long last, my destination! I eagerly searched the crowd for familiar faces, but lo and behold, nobody strike me as familiar and familial…so I tried calling them via their mobile phones, but no dice. I told myself not to panic, as I am sure there must be a good explanation why they are not at the airport yet….and after a few more minutes, I heard my name being called…yay! It’s my cousins!! And so after 6 years of not seeing each other, we have finally arrived at that place of once again validating how fond we are of one another. As expected, there was a lot of talking and catching up with one’s life.

From the airport, we went directly to the cemetery. Not for morbidity and gruesome sake only. It is just one of the many unique Filipino tradition of showing respect even to the dead members of the family. We went to the final resting place of my uncle. We brought flowers and candles with us.

After that, we went home to my aunt’ s place and started another round of catching up and planning some of my initial itinerary.

My first visit to a place of interest? The Tower Bridge. We went there at night and I saw the glittery lights of the bridge. So many people were there viewing it and enjoying the breeze as well. There was nothing else to do except strike some poses for my mind’s vault of memories as well as for the digital camera’ sake.

with my niece