anticipating travel

Lagos Travel Blog

I’ve been feeling that restlessness which I’ve always associated with tiredness. Paradoxically, the more restless I feel, the more I feel the urge to bolt out from wherever I am. I’ve been tossing around some ideas as to where I would go for a very mini, tiny, Lilliputian break. I was thinking of a weekend, something manageable for me and the office…manageable in terms of me not being too away from the office and all that. I was even thinking maybe, the most is a 5 day break just for me to recoup my zest for work and life in Lagos. I was thinking, I’d probably explore another West African country. Truth be told, I wasn’t too ready for anything big anyways, since I have holidays to Philippines and perhaps Dubai again come December.

One not too busy day, I saw my beloved cousin on line, and she ask me out of the blue when I would visit her in London, in my usual flippant style, I blurted ‘soon, most likely around 2012! I want to go and experience the Olympics’. She started laughing until she realized I was actually serious which annoyed her to the highest level. Short end of the long story, I was soon applying for a visa to the UK which for me was like 20 years in waiting, but anyway, I digress, that’s another story.

I say it is expected that I would visit my kin in the UK, it’s just the matter of when. I didn’t really see it coming that it is this year that I am going, that’s the unexpected part.

Well, the one week prior to leaving for the UK was a combination of happy and annoying times, but more of the happy ones so let me just forgive those crazy moments that made the planning awry.

junjunph says:
Congrats Maricar!
rheagirl says:
Congrats! Congrats! Woohoo! :)
KeikoCreative says:
Maricar, congrats on your featured!
Lagos