Phun In Phoenix

Phoenix Travel Blog

The fish in my fish bowl cocktail.
Our original route had changed slightly and Adrian said he could hook us up with rooms so we ended up in Phoenix for a couple of days. we spent most of the first day relaxing by the pool before Adrian picked us up for a night on the town. I can't exactly remember what area we were in but we had some trouble getting into bars as none of us were carrying passports. UK Military id's or driving license don't count. One bar though realised the potential to earn money as it was practically empty and it ended up one funniest nights ever. There happened to be a drinks promotion on so we all got very drunk but oh, how we laughed.
After a lie in the next morning, Adrian took us on a tour which ended on top of South Mountain. The road to the top is not at all straight and poor Aaron suffers very badly from motion sickness but he managed to keep his lunch down. The view from the top was fantastic. We sat up there until the sun was almost set. Aaron suffered even more on the way down and when we got back to the hotel he went straight to bed. Kerry also stayed behind. I wasn't really up for a huge bender as we were leaving fairly early to drive up to Page. Adrian took us to Scottsdale and we visited a few bars. he then mentioned that a friend of his had recently started work in a bar in the area. We eventually found the place and lets just say that none of us left sober. i think I got to bed about 1.30 am.

thanks Adrian for a great couple of days and for the driving tips:)
photo by: ahtibat17