DTE Music Theatre (aka - Pine Knob) in Clarkston, Michigan

Clarkston Travel Blog

Here we go again : )
The show is set for this Thursday night August 27, 2009 @ DTE Music Theatre in Clarkston, Michigan. The venue has a capacity of just over 15,000 and I hope it's packed lol. Tickets are still available at this time (Monday) through ticketmaster. And the line up for the night is:

Days of the New >
Sponge >
Seven Mary Three >
Soul Asylum

It's gonna be a short set by DotN but it'll be sweet I'm sure :P
Stage time for DotN is scheduled to be 7:00PM doors are at 6:00PM (i think).

Days of the New
August 27, 2009
@ DTE Music Theatre
Clarkston, Michigan

Orch of the Medium
Touch, Peel & Stand (short)
Provider

Travis Meeks - Vocals, Guitar
Brian Vinson - Bass
Paul Culligan - Drums

Tried to squeeze "Shelf in the Room" in before TPS but we couldn't get the venue to allow any more stagetime - strict curfue we had to have DOTN off the stage by 7:30PM.

The show was recorded in multiple formats : )
I filmed with 2 camera's and did a SBD recording (that turned out sweet)
And it was Pro-Shot as well by the staff of DTE.

We were very confined by time had very strict curfue's as to when to be on-stage and when to be off-stage. So...... : )

I arrived around 3:30PM made my way backstage and hooked up with Taylor for a bit and hung out with and watched 7m3 soundcheck, while waiting for DotN's gear to arrive. Paul arrived with the gear and we got it unloaded, set up Paul's kit on a wheeled riser. Brian arrived shortly there after, the guys started soundchecking and were finishing up around 6PM. A little after 6 I headed off to pick up Travis, the people at the venue had been worried all day lol, "We're counting on you to keep him on schedule", So they were nervous that he wasn't allready there.
But I didn't have to go far to get him, shot over and picked him and dewey up and headed back to DTE. Arrived right on time :) walked T back to the dressing room to drop of his stuff then straight to the stage.
I filmed from here there and everywhere, had 1 cam on a tripod on stage near Brian. The other camera was mostly hand-held from all different parts of the stage as well as from the FOH SBD pit. My SBD recording turned out excellent. : )
T hung out for a little while post show then I took him back to the hotel to get some sleep before the long drive later that night. Headed back to the venue to finish tearing down. Then went on to enjoy Sponge from the front row for a little while then side stage. Then Seven Mary Three and I swear I enjoy these guys more and more each time, they're just really cool fun guys. Soul Asylum didn't really show up until right before their stage time, and didn't really speak to anyone. The played a nice energetic set. I filmed a little bit of everyone that played including Soul Asylum until randomly I was asked to stop filming them. Which was weird as Johnny the lead singer and the bass player both knew I was filming them and seemed pretty okay with it. So whatever I quit filming when their tech asked me to.
Clarkston