London Travel Blog

My friend, Audrey, told me she'd be in London for a few days in August so I said I'd come down and meet her.  The day she arrived in London I still hadn't made any proper arrangements for going down and I didn't want to be in the city during the weekend so I had to book tickets for the next day (Friday).  I was really pleased to get cheap train tickets online so I was able to travel the next morning to meet her.  She sent me her number so I was able to call her to arrange a time and place to meet.  When I arrived at St James Park station I went for a walk and went to see Buckingham Palace (for about the trillionth time since I was a child so it wasn't really a big deal for me), while I was there Audrey called to ask if I was ready to meet so I walked back to the station to meet her.  As I was walking down the road towards the station I could see Audrey and her boyfriend waiting.  She introduced me to her boyfriend, Ramsey and we decided to go and find somewhere to go for a drink and food.  We found a nice little Italian place where we sat for a while talking about things - we had so much to talk about there were absolutely no silences, I was pleased we got on so well.  Ramsey seemed to know how to get around London really well, even though it was his first time there and he'd only been there a day - I think without him we'd have been lost very easily!  During our time together we went to Harrods, which absolutely fascinated all of us - who the heck has money to spend in there?! Haha.  I decided to check on how long I'd need to get back to Euston station for my train home and Ramsey was really helpful figuring out my journey back.  Audrey and Ramsey came with me on the tube back to my last stop, where we said our goodbyes.  When I got to Euston station I had over an hour to spare so I went to get some food and find the right platform so I had no last minute rushing around.  I arrived back in Birmingham quite late and had to get a bus back to Halesowen.  It was a very long and tiring day full of travelling but it was really nice to meet some new friends and leave my city for the day.
sylviandavid says:
sounds like a great day....
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009