Doubleheader - Opener in Oakland

Oakland Travel Blog

at the A's game
This day is a doubleheader for me. I would attend a day game in Oakland, and a night game in San Francisco. One of the rare times that both teams are home on the same day. I don't think I have been to both games in a doubleheader. But I do know that I attend one of the games, but had to leave after that, since my parents did not want to sit through a second game.

First, I had to switch hostels. When checking into the 2nd one, the room was not ready, so I had to leave most of the my things in storage. Then it was off to see baseball.

I took the BART train to Oakland. It was a hot and bright day, but luckily, I had a seat in the shade, and on the lower level. When entering the stadium, I looked around, but as I mentioned before, not really much to see, other than the retired numbers and championships, and a few banners outside the stadium.

The final game between the Oakland A's and Texas Rangers, with the latter barely alive for the Wild Card. The Rangers got off to a good start, taking a 2-0 lead after 3 innings. But the A's would explode for 4 runs in the 3rd and 3 in the 4th, taking a 7-2 lead. And they did not stop scoring, while the Rangers never threatened after that. The A's routed the Rangers, 12-3.

After the game ended, I went back to San Francisco, and took care of business at the hostel. Then it was time to get ready for the second game of the doubleheader. I will return to Oakland for a Raiders game later in this trip.
at the As game
As won
A's won
list of As in the Hall of Fame
list of A's in the Hall of Fame
list of As that won the Cy Young …
list of A's that won the Cy Young…
Oakland