Arriving at Night

San Francisco Travel Blog

After my trip to Colorado a few months, I decided that my next trip would be to San Francisco. This would be my 2nd visit overall, with the first one being in 1999. Here is the entry of that visit... San Francisco 1999 - Spring Break, Part 1.

Back then, it was about looking into graduate schools, and wanted to relocate somewhere. Obviously, that did not happen, since I am still in Philly. This visit was mainly about seeing the 2 stadiums in the Bay Area, as well as seeing some of the other sights that I did not see back then. In addition to baseball, I was going to a Raiders football game as well.

After work, I rode the train to the airport. Then flew to Denver, where I had a layover for a few hours. Strange that I would return to the place that I was at, earlier in the summer. Then came the flight to San Francisco.

I arrived at around 1 AM (4 AM back on the East Coast), and took the BART train into town. That was something that was not possible during my 1999 visit, as they just started to expand the line from Daly City to the airport. Back then, I had to take the bus between the 2 places.

I arrived into Union Square area, and ended up walking with a woman, who was arriving from Hawaii. And I was surprised to learn that she is a Philly native as well. We walked together part of the way, then separated as we were staying in different hostels. I was staying at the USA Hostels. More about the hostel in the review here.

I checked in, and just went right to sleep. Looked forward to seeing the stadiums.

IndoIan says:
Nice blog Walter, congrats with it being one today's features.
Jeroenadmiraal says:
Congratulations Walter on your featured blog!
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature, Walter! :)
San Francisco Hostels review
Great place to stay
Some blocks from the BART station near Union Square, near the intersection of Powell and Market Streets, the USA Hostel is a very nice place to stay w… read entire review