Bournemouth Travel Blog

 › entry 1 of 2 › view all entries

Me and my friend, Frankie, decided we deserved a few days away.  Over the past few years we've travelled down South to Winchester, and in 2008 we decided we'd go to Bournemouth but we only went for the day.  We thought some time in the sun on the beach would be great so we booked 3 nights at a hotel in Bournemouth.

My father picked us up early morning on the 24th and drove us to Winchester where we spent the morning and had our lunch.  We got the train into Bournemouth just after midday.  Our hotel complications meant we spent the first night in the neighbouring hotel to the one we booked, we were so pleasantly surprised!  Two of us instead of the twin room we booked, were staying in an absolutely humongous room with a double bed and 2 singles.

  After settling into our room we decided to head down to the beach.  We spent a few hours down at the beach then went for a curry in the town.  On our way back to our hotel we met a guy, Joe, who was Brazillian (he pretended to be a tourist - liar... I hardly think someone who has lived there for 2 years counts!) who invited us for drinks but after our long journey we decided we'd meet the next day. We exchanged numbers and went our own ways.  My friend and I went back to our hotel and had a pretty early night.

We got up quite early the next day and went down to the beach and again it was a really lovely day.  We spent majority of the day at the beach (big mistake because I used no sun cream!), I had a long swim with a guy from Masadonia who had travelled down from London for the day with his friends.
  When we checked in to the hotel I'd originally booked we were offered 2 rooms, again, rather than the 1 twin room we had booked, this suited us better and especially me as I got a double bed - woohooo!  That evening we met with Joe who bought us lots of beer.  He was a very nice guy, I'm pleased we met.  That night there was lots of lightening and a very big thunderstorm with loads of rain.

We went to the town in the morning to buy postcards to send to our family and friends.  We bought lots of food and went back to our hotel room as it was still raining.  By mid-afternoon the rain had stopped and it was dry outside so we went down to the beach (adding to my sunburn!), where, like children, we bought a huge inflatable boat and spent a few hours in the sea.  We spent our night at the hotel watching 'The Ring' and drinking.

On the Saturday, our day of leaving, we got up early to gather our things and check-out of the hotel.  We went down to the beach (stupid idea because by this time I was burn head to toe and looking like a tomato and in serious pain) and relaxed, drinking malibu & apple juice (in the day - I know, I know!).  We had to get a taxi from the beach to the train station mid-afternoon so we could catch our train to New Milton, where my father picked us up. 

I had a really fun and memorable week!  :)

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Sponsored Links
photo by: ElliBetty