Aranyaprathet

Aranyaprathet Travel Blog

As of this writing there are no direct flights going to Phnom Phen or Siem Reap in Cambodia so going there’s going to be toss between Thailand and Vietnam. We chose the former since most of us would like to see Bangkok too.

We took a 12MN flight from Manila's NAIA Terminal and arrived in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport at 3AM. Our original plan was to take the train going to Aranyaprathet where the border to Poipet, Cambodia is located. We ditched the plan because we were all sleepy and we didn't want to waste our time hence we took a cab from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Aranyaprathet for Bht 2000.

It was a smooth ride going to Aranyaprathet except for some checkpoints. We arrived at Aranyaprathet around 5AM. Our driver parked his cab in the market and allowed us to stay in his car till the gates open at 7AM. I was already feeling my hungry stomach, so I stepped out of the cab and looked for breakfast. I bought beef with steamed rice from the first stall that opened in the market. I wasn't disappointed, the beef was sweet and cooked well and the rice was perfect.

After eating breakfast, me and my companions Luanne (my sibling) and Jinny (my sibling's high school friend) decided to leave the cab and waited at the gates of the border. At 7AM immigration started processing the passports of people exiting Thailand for Cambodia moments later we found ourselves in Poipet, Cambodia.

Aranyaprathet