A street party heralds our arrival in Palermo.

Palermo Travel Blog

Street party Palermo style

We reached Palermo at around 1:15 am. I had much worry as we were now leaving the highway and traveling the maze of city streets just south of Independence Square.  It can be a confusing area to drive or even walk. We were only blocks from the guest house and hit bumper to bumper traffic. Giorgio had text me and let me know that there was a street concert filling the streets of the neighborhood. Well, first of all, the streets of this neighborhood are mostly one-way. Next, the street concert was massive. There were huge arcs of lighting across the streets, a large stage set up, and a lighting display backdrop for the stage that was a block long. Luckily as we were arriving, the concert had just let out and people were leaving. It was now just difficult to get to the guesthouse due to the concert area including the block of the guesthouse….WOW! It was madness but, we saw Giorgio waving us in. He had saved us a place to park in front. He’s such a nice guy.

We brought our bags up to the 2nd floor, dropped then in the room, brushed our teeth, washed our face and fall

into bed, knowing that we can’t sleep late as we have to return the car to the airport. Now, finally in bed, we can’t sleep. We watch an episode of Green Acres until falling asleep.

I’m so glad that this day is over and that we had made it to Palermo even with all of the obstacles in our way.

ik-ben-10eke says:
Ow, Green Acres, I loved that show!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2009