Liverpool Travel Blog

During the 2 days in Liverpool we came to the conclusion we really liked the city.  We did a lot of exploring and got to see some great things, but there were things we'd love to go back and do that we never had the time for before.

On the day we arrived we checked into our hotel and went out for lunch.  After lunch we decided we'd get tickets for one of the sightseeing buses - riding on the bus we were able to see key sights in Liverpool, such as the Royal Liver building, Cundard building, St. Nicholas Church, an interesting building ('Turning The Place Over' by Richard Wilson), the Liverpool town hall, the Cavern Quarter, the Radio City tower, the Philharmonic Dining Rooms and others.

We rode on the bus to the World Museum where we spent a couple of hours looking at the exhibitions there.  When we got back on the bus we got off in the Liverpool Chinatown (regarded as the largest and oldest Chinese community in Europe).   It was about a twenty minute walk from there back to our hotel where we spent an hour or so before going out for dinner with my cousin (coinscidently who was on business in Liverpool at the same time as we went).  We had dinner in the pub at the hotel my cousin was staying at.  Unfortunately we picked a really bad night to go out to a pub for dinner as Liverpool had a football match that evening, so it was full of boisterous football fans.  Despite all the noise, we enjoyed a couple of hours in the pub before leaving.
  When we returned to the hotel to watch TV we were pleased to find we left at an appropriate time - before Liverpool FC were getting their butts kicked hahahaha.  Interesting first day in the city, discovering what it has to offer.

On our second day we got up early to get some breakfast at the hotel and get our things ready to check out.  After breakfast, packing our things we drove the car down to a carpark just a few minutes from to the Beatles Story museum.   It was a must-do, to go to the museum and I'm absolutely thrilled we did as I'm a very big fan of The Beatles and I really enjoyed the experience.  We spent hours walking around as there was so much to see.  After finishing looking round we stopped in the Starbucks for a drink to give our feet some rest.
  Afterwards, we went to the Liverpool Tate Modern, which was a really bad idea because neither me or my mother like modern art - we'd had enough after about ten minutes in the building!  We decided to stop off for some lunch as we were getting really hungry, so we enjoyed some food and drinks at a cafe at the Albert Docks.  We walked around Liverpool for a while enjoying the nice weather (even though the day started with horrendous rain!), but we decided to leave early because I didn't feel very well, which meant we were unable to spend the afternoon doing the other things we'd liked to have done.

We'll definitely return the Liverpool in the future and see the other things the wonderful city has.