Two limeños sharing a great time in Lima :)

Lima Travel Blog

Our drinks: Maracuya & Camu Camu sour
Giacomo joined the site just a few days before coming to Lima. It wouldn't be his first time here, in fact he was born in Lima, but has been living abroad for a looooong time. I didn't know he was Peruvian until we met, hahaha. He was recently in town, but Lima is always changing, so it'd be wonderful to show him some new places.

We met in Miraflores. I agreed to do so, since I thought he was staying in that area, but he wasn't. So, I suggested to go to bohemian Barranco. He hasn't been there in quite a while and I had a great spot in mind, a nice cafe that has an awesome view, specially for the sunset.
Yadi & Giacomo in Barranco
I was just hoping we'd be able to find a table on the balcony and we were lucky enough to find one, yay! We found the perfect spot to enjoy the view and a nice conversation and in order to make things even better: piscos!

It was very nice to talk to Giacomo. He's Peruvian and has family here, but not many local friends. I felt proud to become his friend and first TB! Yay! We were talking about different things and how life is in the Netherlands. It started to get dark and the view got even prettier. Even when it was Thursday, streets were crowded and we could see a lot of people walking around. It might have been because it was the starting of a long weekend. Although Giacomo hasn't been living here, he has been in touch with some Rock in Spanish, so we had another topic to talk about. Great! We stayed there for a bit longer, but then decided to move.
the anticuchos (beef's heart) a typical Peruvian snack

Mmm, not many places were open in Barranco, at least not the ones I know. So, we'd drive back to Miraflores, but before doing that, we'd make a quick stop to grab something to eat: anticuchos! Giacomo said it was my fault, he wanted to eat something, hahaha. Well, one of the topics of our conversation was Peruvian cuisine, hahaha. We talked about almost every single dish and when he smelled the anticuchos having some was a big Must :P

We were already back in Miraflores and it was super easy to find a parking spot. Where to go now? He remembered a bar where he went with his cousin last time he was in town, but wasn't sure if they'd be still open... well, just in case we could make a first stop at my favorite bar. It wasn't part of my plan, but it changed when Giacomo mentioned it! He was trying to remember the name of a small bar in Miraflores, with live music.
refreshing!!!
.. The only thing he could remember was that it has a name in Quechua (Inca's language). When he said it, I knew which place he was talking about! It was early for live music, but perfect time to grab a table. It was a bit loud to talk, but the manager turned down the volume, hehehe. It's so good to know the right people ;)

Since we had already started with pisco, we'd keep with it. The waiter brought the drinks and another thing: Evil Corn!!! Giacomo recognized the toasted corn and exclaimed:"Canchita!" He was an addict, like me, hahaha. It was nice there, but not that great. So, the idea of moving somewhere else sounded appealing. It was time to look for the place where he was a while ago. We walked down a street and I saw a few places closed, what? Well, maybe because of the long weekend.
cozy spot in Miraflores!

I guess that bar went out of business. I remembered having seen something in that area, but it was quite a while ago... where to go now? We kept on walking for a while and I remembered a vintage cafe I found with Robert (another TB) 2 weeks ago. I promised myself to go back and write a review about it. This was the perfect opportunity to do it! The place was crowded, but we were lucky to find a table on the corner right next to the window (with no glass, hahaha). I really like the atmosphere here, so kitsch!

We were talking about how much Lima is changing lately. It's getting more modern, new business, feels pretty safe, but there is something that never changes: people want to have fun! Giacomo would stay in Peru for more than 15 days and wants to see as much as possible while he's in the country, but doesn't want to be in a rush, since he wants to enjoy and relax.
lovely bridge
So, we started to talk about where he could go and what he could visit in those places. So good, he still had her Peruvian ID, so he can get the great flights' deals which are only available for Peruvians...

We switched places again and also the topic, hahaha. He'd stay a bit longer in Lima before start traveling and would stay here for a couple of days between trips and before flying back home. Hopefully we'd be able to meet up again, that would be fun. We even mentioned a concert, yay!

Our drinks: Maracuya & Camu Camu s…
Our drinks: Maracuya & Camu Camu …
Yadi & Giacomo in Barranco
the anticuchos (beefs heart) a ty…
the anticuchos (beef's heart) a t…
great spot!
great spot!
nice view!
nice view!
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great spot for a drink with a lovely view - Santos Cafe & Espirituosos
When you are in Lima and think about a place to have drink, the options are almost endless. So, what makes this place so special? It's located in … read entire review
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Vintage & artistic cafe - La Maquina Cafe y Cultura
This cafe is located in Miraflores. It's not a big, modern place, but a small and cozy with a great decoration, more in the vintage style. Walls a… read entire review
Lima