They were all coming back to Lima, let's meet!!!!

Lima Travel Blog

Carola, Yadi & Eddy toasting with Pisco @ Huaringas. To new friends!
Right after Christmas I met Eddy in Lima and he was just starting his trip. The last day we met, he told me he'd be back in town for the weekend, yay! Last week I met Fabian & Hassan and after Cusco, they'd come back to Lima for the weekend too. Furthermore, I also wanted to go out with Carola, who's also a TB. Mmmm, I'm running out of time. How could I be at the same time with different people? Oh well, why don't we all meet? hahaha.

It was early in the afternoon when I got a call from Eddy. He was back in Lima and ready to meet. I contacted Carola and asked her if she'd like to join us for dinner and a couple of drinks, cool! And the guys? Well, no news from them yet.
Yadi & Eddy
I wasn't sure if they were arriving on Friday or on Saturday. Well, they had my number :P We met Eddy at his hotel at 8pm and then we left to the Pisco Place aka Huaringas. He tried a pisco in Cusco, but not as good as in this place. Also they serve some Peruvian appetizers. Great deal!

We were lucky we arrived when there was still 1 table free. After a while, the place got packed! We ordered our piscos. Eddy got the passion fruit one, for me the camu-camu and for Carola the aguaymanto (yellow berry). They were very tasty! They seemed to be just a sweet drink, but you have to be careful with their power, hahaha. Well, having some food was a good idea too. I didn't want to drink with an empty stomach.

We ordered the platter with Peruvian appetizers. Wow! The red pepper was really spicy, but the rest was delicious. It was the perfect choice! Everything was yummy.
Peruvian appetizers platter. Yummy!
While we were enjoying our food and drinks, Eddy was telling us about his adventures in Cusco, Puno and the rainforest. I couldn't believe when he told me he might have lost a lot of pics. Apparently somebody deleted them by mistake. But he told me he has a program back home, which could help him "rescuing" them. I'll cross my fingers for that. If it's not possible, he still had more pictures and at the end it'd be a reason to come back to Machu Picchu, hahaha.

Another drink? Yes, why not? hahaha. Eddy and me got cocktails, but Carola didn't want anything sweet and got a shot. Wow! My respects! hahaha.  There were still plenty of things to talk about, so having another drink was a good idea, hahaha. Always looking for a reason for a 2nd round, hahaha.
the gang: Anand, Fabian, Eddy, Carola & me
It was fun, but it was time to leave. People were waiting for a table and we'd like to go somewhere else.

When we were leaving I checked my cellphone and there was a message from Fabian. They were back in Lima. Mmm, I thought about going to Tayta and since we were walking and their hostel was in our way, we'd stop there. Cool! I gave them a call when we arrived and then we all met. The more the merrier!

We arrived to Tayta and the place was packed, but we got a table, hehehe. No more piscos, just beer. What a great combination! It was fun we all were together and could share some time. I think it was first time for Eddy to meet more TB's than just locals, same for Fabian. Carola couldn't stay that long and left early. After a while Eddy did the same. He wanted to go to Barranco, but it was comfy there... So, I ended up staying with the guys for a while, but I didn't stay for that long. I was a bit tired and didn't want to be tired next day. I was thinking about the busy week coming... It was great hanging out with all of the guys and hope meeting them before they leave Lima. :)
Globetrotters says:
I had so much fun with you guys. Yadi, I really hope to meet you again someday. You come to Belgium now ok !
Posted on: Jan 18, 2010
geerbox says:
Pfff, lots of things to do in Lima, I better go back soon :)
Posted on: Jan 10, 2010
yadilitta says:
yes, camu - camu pisco was delicious! We had a drink - well a zip in your name :P
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
Carola, Yadi & Eddy toasting with …
Carola, Yadi & Eddy toasting with…
Peruvian appetizers platter. Yummy!
the gang: Anand, Fabian, Eddy, Car…
the gang: Anand, Fabian, Eddy, Ca…
Carola & Yadi