Starting Friday night in charming Barranco

Lima Travel Blog

just arrived, enjoying our piscos :)
It was very nice to meet up with Brandon the day before. Unfortunately I couldn't stay longer. It was a weekday and I had plans, but there's always a tomorrow. He'd do some sightseeing in the morning, so I sent him a message with some tips for Downtown.  He'd stay in Lima for another couple of days and he couldn't miss Barranco, so we agreed to meet up in Barranco, on time for the "After Office" hours, hehe.

As arranged we met at 6:30pm and went to a very nice bar/club. It's an old mansion which has been transformed in this kitsch/trendy place. Brandon was telling me what he did during the day. He had a nice time and he was so lucky the weather was perfect today too.
Brandon, Yadi & Carola
The whole week it was very cloudy and a bit cold, but not today and neither the day before, when it was very sunny - how incredible for Lima's autumn. Yes, it was early to party, but perfect time for having a drink, chat and enjoy the "After Office" at this cool place.  Although it was early and the place didn't look crowded, it was difficult to find a table and we were lucky to do so. Most tables have already been reserved... Well, we found a nice one and had our piscos. Brandon loves our soft drink "Chicha Morada" and I knew here they offer a Pisco Sour with Chicha Morada (purple corn soft drink). He got it and loved it! I'd try something new here too. I got a Pisco with Granadilla (similar to the passion fruit but sweet). It was very nice, as if 2 old friend were reunited, sweet!

This table was nice, but it wouldn't be big enough, since I was expecting the gang to get larger! Well, there were 2 other guests that will join us.
Nathan, Brandon, Carola & Yadi
I was getting a bit worried, since my cellphone's battery died, but at least I had enough time to contact Carola and let her know our location. About 1 hour later she arrived, yay! And we moved to another table. The waiter became my "amigo" (friend) and he has reserved a larger table for us, how sweet! The promotion here was getting free food for your drinks. Brandon and I have already gotten ours, but when the waiter ordered Carola's he ordered food for 3, great! What a nice guy! And a good photographer too.

We were having a great time, talking as old friends and chilling out in a cool place. Then Nathan joined us and the gang was complete. The four of us stayed there for longer and could see how this place was getting packed! Next time I think I'll make a reservation. Not sure if I like this place more than the Pisco Place, but definitely it's very fun and I see myself coming back soon.  It was fun, but Brandon needed to go back to Miraflores. No problem! It was very nice to meet up with Brandon again and hopefully we'll meet up soon again. I guess eventually we'll do, the question would be where in the world will that happen, hehe.
yadilitta says:
I´m glad you enjoyed Lima, Brandon!!!
Posted on: May 24, 2010
bpatts says:
Very nice place to start an evening! I really enjoyed the appetizers that we had there and also trying a couple new types of pisco sours. The architecture of the house was beautiful and I can only imagine the kinds of wealthy and interesting people that have lived there in the past!

Nice meeting you again Yadi and also nice to meet your friends Carola and Nathan! Enjoy your week!
Posted on: May 24, 2010
yadilitta says:
Yep, definitely it's a MUST going back there before I leave... We have to book a day, haha
Posted on: May 23, 2010
just arrived, enjoying our piscos …
just arrived, enjoying our piscos…
Nathan, Brandon, Carola & Yadi
our free appetizers! Yummy!
our free appetizers! Yummy!
Lima