Shopping, I don't need a reason for that :)

Lima Travel Blog

jewelry!!!
I was having a busy week, but even though I found time to meet Vyne. We met at his hotel, where he surprised me with gifts, how sweet! They were real Indian stuffs. Thank you, so much! What a kind person! I'd wear them proudly. Vyne plans for Lima were just chilling out before leaving to Costa Rica. During the morning he was doing some sightseeing and when I asked him what he'd like to do the answer was:Shopping! One of my favorite sports. Sure he could have done that by his own, but he wanted me to help him with the bargain part of this activity ;)

We went to the Indian (Inca) Market in Miraflores. He has already been there and had an idea about what they offer, just needed help with the prices. The Market is huge and we definitely needed a plan. So good, he has already an idea about what to buy.
my beautiful scarf, love it!!!
Things were easier, although they took long. Just to get some gifts, we had to wait almost 45min! The girl didn't have what we wanted in stock, but maybe in another location. So she had to call them and asked them to bring the pieces. At first they brought wrong ones, but finally we succeded. Anyway, it was worth it, we got a very good price, hahaha. Now the question when we were bargaining a price was: "and for me?" (referring to the price) hahaha.

While we were walking around the market, Vyne was telling me the similarities about the handicraft here and back at his home. Interesting! The only thing he was missing was a shirt, but it wasn't for sale in this market. So we had to go to another one that was just a couple of blocks away. Leaving the car at the 1st place was a great idea. Finding a parking spot would have been very complicated. Ok, we found the shirt and got a good price, well done!

Vyne asked me if I'd like to join him for dinner, but I had already plans. Well, a juice is always welcome, specially because of the heat. It was really humid and warm. We went to my favorite juice place and drank 2 delicious juices. One of them I normally don't order: papaya & orange. Why? Well, it's really popular and I have it daily at home :P But it was a novelty for Vyne and he was looking forward to drink it again, since he tried it in Cusco.

It was a productive day, Vyne was done with his souvenirs list. There was just 1 thing missing: a magnet! But it shouldn't be a problem to find it. He would still stay in town for a few days. I'd be very busy the rest of the week, but hopefully I'd be able to meet him again and say "Good bye". No, better "See you later!"

yadilitta says:
mmm, sort of, hahaha
Dr_Seuss says:
Shopping is NOT a sport :-(
yadilitta says:
yes, I'm sure he did have a great time in Peru and hopefully we'll meet.
Lima