Meeting up Robert and talking in Spanglish, well 90% Spanish and 10% English...

Lima Travel Blog

nice old horse
A few days ago Robert contacted me. He was coming to Lima and wanted some advice. He knows about Peru since his parents are Peruvian, but he doesn't live here, so any tips would be highly appreciated. He was arriving on a Saturday and I gave him some tips for the weekend. I would be busy, so we decided to meet on Monday afternoon.

We agreed to meet at Larcomar, in front of Starbucks and while I was walking there, I realized I wouldn't be able to recognize him because I have never seen a picture of him! This would be the 1st time meeting someone who I don't know how he looks like... strange... oh well, I was already in my way. At least his Peruvian number was working, so I could give him a call if needed.
nice and charming "Bajada de Baños" in Barranco
I was going closer, when I heard somebody called me. It was him! We sat down there for a while and started to chat. It was really easy to talk to him, not only because we did it in Spanish, but also because it was fun. He's new on TB and was a bit afraid of what to expect from it, but felt comfortable about meeting someone who has met quite a few people here, hehehe. He couldn't believe I have been doing this for a couple of years. I know a long time, but I enjoy it so much!

Then we moved to Chili's for a drink and grab a bite. He hasn't been in Lima in a few years, so I was telling him the news. He enjoyed to listen my TB stories and surprised me when he nodded and said he has seen this on my profile. Wow! He did a good research. I think he was a bit nervous of meeting his first TB and wanted to be sure that person wasn't nuts, hehe.
cool device to call the waiter!

Ok, it was enough of the American experience. It was time to move to a more Peruvian atmosphere. Robert agreed and we went to Barranco. I wasn't sure where to go, but pisco was in the agenda. There was a cool bar/lounge I wanted to try. That place has a cool terrace and there we went. Place was very nice and we got a table at the terrace, sweet. It was a bit warm, so sitting outside was a great idea. Then we saw it. On the table there was a small thing with 3 buttons. This was a device to call the waiter, how fun!!! We both wanted to buzz it, hahaha.

Let's check the menu. After asking the waiter for some recommendations, we got 2 Pisco cocktails. Very good!!! Ok, time to keep on chatting.
having our piscos!
Then Robert went inside the restaurant and came back laughing. There's a hall before the restrooms and he saw a guy blowing to a machine there... what? It was an alcoholimeter! Hahaha, that device would let you know if you were still able to drive or not, hahaha. What a smart idea!
Then I notice that on the table there was the number from a taxi company that also has drivers to take your car, hahaha.

Ok, better get something to eat which would soak the alcohol, hehehe. Oh well! We were having so much fun that another cocktail, hehehe. Of course, we were in Peru, so 2 Pisco Cocktails. It was almost 11pm when we left the place. I didn't feel the time going so fast... But I had to work next morning, so better leaving now. It was great meeting Robert and hopefully we would meet up again before he leaves Lima.
yadilitta says:
yes, it was really fun!
Posted on: Mar 31, 2010
sylviandavid says:
sounds fun.
Posted on: Mar 30, 2010
yadilitta says:
yes, it was a nice Meet Up!
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010
nice old horse
nice and charming Bajada de Baño…
nice and charming "Bajada de Bañ…
with my pisco cocktail!
with my pisco cocktail!
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great cocktails and cool atmosphere at Picas, all the senses...
Like its slogan suggests "all the senses", this place is a whole experience. This place is owned by a successful chef who works in another restaura… read entire review
Lima