Last year I met Jasper & dad, now Jasper & mom :)

Lima Travel Blog

awesome clouds and full moon!
It wasn't not even one year ago, when I met Jasper for 1st time. He came to Peru with his dad. They visited the Dutch prisoners here and as a result of this sad experience, he decided to start a foundation to help them. The foundation is growing (you can read his blog about that) and a 2nd visit to Lima was necessary. Jasper had to delay his flight once, but finally he was here and this time he came with his mother and a friend of her.

They arrived really early in the morning, so we agreed to meet in the evening. After solving a coordination issue, we finally met. It was so great to see him again and his mom was so friendly! Where to go? Jasper could take a nap during the day, but not the 2 ladies. They haven't slept in almost 2 days and to make things worse, the luggage didn't arrive with them! Ok, let's hope suitcases would be here tomorrow.
happy times!!!!
So let's go somewhere to get a drink and something light to eat, but still Peruvian :)

They were staying in Miraflores and going to bohemian Barranco seemed to be the best idea. Last time Jasper was in town it was very foggy, but not right now. I was impressed he remembered everywhere we went, even a restaurant in our way to Barranco, hahaha. By the end of the night I've already realized he has a very good memory and paid a lot of attention his 1st time in town. I was so happy about this. Barranco is charming and so thought the guys, they all liked it.

We went to a nice restaurant/bar for some drinks and to grab a bite. I think I did a good job choosing this place. Last time, we went to different restaurants in Lima with Jasper and his dad and they were impressed with them, so I had to pick up a great place this time too. I could have gone to somewhere he already knew, but I wanted him to try something new. After toasting for meeting a friend and making new ones, our food came. They were Peruvian appetizers and were really yummy! They still had all the Peruvian flavor but weren't heavy, perfect for the first night in town.

It felt so good to see Jasper again. It was like, no no no no, it really was meeting an old friend after a while. We were talking about what has been going on with our lives and plans for the future. Also I was able to meet 2 sweet ladies. It was really easy to talk to Jasper's mom. She has already heard about me and even know me from some pictures, hahaha. And one of her questions was: "when are you coming to Holland?" hahaha, I wish I would be able to do it soon. I would really enjoy to visit this lovely family. I hope they all had a great time, certainly I did and can't wait to meet them again. Hopefully their luggage would be here soon...
yadilitta says:
yep, she does. She is a great lady!
Posted on: May 02, 2010