First time was in Fort Lauderdale, now it was time for Piscos in Lima!

Miraflores District Travel Blog

cheers!
Back in February I met Robert in Fort Lauderdale when I was coming back from Puerto Rico. He was really kind and showed me around during my long layover. I had a great time and was hopping I would have the opportunity of returning the favor when he visits Lima.

A few weeks ago Robert sent me a message, saying he was coming to Peru. He'd stay just for a few days, but wanted to see as much as possible. Knowing what he wanted to know, I came up with a plan. I feel so honored he followed it, but best of all it was a success and he enjoyed his trip very much, yay!

Finally it was time for us to meet. I was back in town and so was he. It was Friday and we agreed to meet at 8pm, but the traffic was a chaos. Furthermore, I went to the wrong hostel, pffff. By the time we finally arrived to the right one, it was almost 9:30pm.
tasty shrimp rolls
Nevertheless, he was still waiting for us and ready to go out. What to do now? Having dinner would have been a good idea, but after a huge lunch, eating wasn't part of my immediate plans.

Robert has already been for almost 2 weeks in Peru, but no Pisco Sour yet. Well, it was time to fix it. We went to the Pisco place and it was crowded, but we were lucky and not even after 1m, there was a free table for us, sweet! Robert got his first pisco and it was the traditional one. Shaw was craving for a Passion fruit one and got one. And me? I was still tasting the camu camu - rainforest fruit - I had in Iquitos and ordered a camu camu sour. It was yummy!!!  While we were having our drinks we were chatting about the Peruvian adventures. Robert had a blast in Huacachina - sand dunes - but what he liked the most was Cusco and Machu Picchu. He even mentioned, he'd like to come back and stay longer there.

I know, I said I didn't want to eat anything, but having something in the stomach is a smart idea if you are drinking piscos, so we ordered a platter of shrimp rolls. But they didn't use rice, but cabage leaves. And of course, we ate with chopsticks and I did it ok, hehehe. There were always funny stories to tell. Robert attended to a couple of meet ups and we know the same people. It's funny how the TB community works and we all become real friends.

We were thirsty, so it was time for a refill. This time Robert got the sweet Algarrobina, Shawn tried the Mango Sour and I ordered one of Strawberry & Granadilla. Again, they were so tasty... It was almost midnight when we left the Pisco Place. It was completely crowded. We arrived just on time. There were still many stories to tell, but we all were a bit tired,  so it was better to save them for the next day. We would meet for lunch, try the famous "pollo a la brasa" chicken and keep on discovering Lima :)

Miraflores District