Finally meeting up with Andy and enjoying Peruvian food & drinks :P

Lima Travel Blog

Yadi & Andy with our green tamales!
Mmm, when did we start to get in touch? That's a good question. I guess it was 3 months ago, when Andy was about coming to Lima. He's already been in Peru, so he didn't need much help with touristic information, but he needed some advice for food, hehe. Well, he loves Peruvian food, so I was sharing some places and dishes he'd to try when he was in town. Unfortunately, we weren't able to meet when he was in Lima for 1st time, but we kept in touch and finally met during his last day in town.

I was crazy busy organizing my stuff before leaving to Oz, but found time to meet up with him. I didn't want to miss the chance to do it! I needed to put a face on all those emails we have been exchanging, which included tips about eating in Lima, Trujillo and even Tarapoto, how fun! So, I drove to Miraflores and picked him up from his hotel.
of course: Pisco Sours!!!
But before starting to drive a big hug.

Where to go now? It won't be easy to please Andy, since he's been eating great food all the time, but I knew where to go. The Open Market! Specifically to a small restaurant serving Green Tamales! He hasn't tried them before, so it was a great choice. The verdict: I created an addict! hahaha. Andy is into photography, took pics of the food and we even made a video with me as the hostess, how fun! The tamales were delicious but it was time to move.

Next stop was the Open Market itself. We were just walking around and stopped at a Rain Forest food stand. I thought this would be a good idea, since Andy didn't try this kind of food while he was in Tarapoto. It was so fun that he tried Rain Forest food in Lima, hahaha. The whole time, Andy was telling me he was impressed with Lima, great! I loved when he said he felt like if he were joining Anthony Bourdain in a food adventure. That will be my dream job!

Ok, we were really full with all that food, although we just asked for a couple of appetizers. Of course, we couldn't miss the regional juices and Andy found his new fav: Camu Camu! After doing some shopping around. I needed to buy something. He suggested to go for a drink. No prob! And I knew where to go: The Queirolo. An old and traditional bar nearby. He visited its location in downtown, and loved it. So that was a good choice.

Having pisco sours sounded great to me and after a couple of tasty sours, Andy would try something new the "Algarrobina" which is a sweet cocktail made with pisco. This would qualify as dessert, what an awesome idea! This place is so laid back, love it! It was a great spot to chill out, enjoy some drinks and keep on chatting. I wish we'd have met before, but better later than never. Well, now I have a new friend and eventually we'll cross paths again. He loves Peru and might be back in a near future. Well, he can take his time, since I will be abroad for about 1 year... Nevermind, it will always be great to meet up with him again, here or anywhere :)
yadilitta says:
thanks for your words, Carl! How sweet of you :)
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010
yadilitta says:
hahaha, you are so right. The Baileys similar one is the ALGARROBINA. I am changing that ASAP.
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010
enso says:
Hey! wasn't the other drink the dessert! the pisco sour was totally pre-dessert, come on get your facts straight! :) i need to get my facts straight because i forgot the name of that drink (the dark, sweet one).... what was it?
Posted on: Jun 11, 2010
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A traditional tavern full of history and charm - Antigua Taberna Queirolo
The Queirolo Tavern is an institution in Lima. They have 2 locations, one near the Main Square in downtown and the other in the historical area of Pue… read entire review
86 km (53 miles) traveled