BiG is back in Lima :)

Lima Travel Blog

Yadi and BiG reunited :)
Today was a holiday, which means no work, but it doesn't mean a break from TB duties, which I enjoy so much :)

BiG spent almost a week in the south (Cusco, Puno and Arequipa) but he was back in Lima and would stay here until Sunday. We agreed to meet once he was in town. I gave his friend a call and they just arrived to the apartment, cool. I drove to the apartment which was close to my house. It was so good to meet BiG again. There were so many things to talk about. They had a very busy schedule the last few days.

Ok, what to do? BiG was hungry, hahaha. Mmm, let's go for Middle Eastern food, damn! They were closing when we arrived. I didn't realize it was that late.
tasty empanada, yummy!
Well, maybe for them, for me it wasn't. It was just 10pm something. Mmm, where to go now? What about going to my favorite bakery? It didn't matter where we went, the only thing we were looking for was a place to grab a bite and be able to chat. My favorite bakery was open, yay!

I ordered an empanada and a humita (similiar to the tamal). So we could share them and taste different things. BiG loved the empanada! He was telling me about his adventures in Cusco, how much he liked Aguas Calientes and the difficult time he had with the altitude in Puno, puffff. He had so much fun in all the places, how great!

Place was busy, well when we arrived. I don't know exactly when, but it started to get less and less crowded. Food was very tasty, but we were missing something sweet, hihihi.
place was empty!
Ok, let's order dessert. I usually go to the front and check all the desserts they have, but this time it was different. They were packing everything, oh no! But they would take our order, hehehe.

We got a cocada - which is with coconut - and a mil hojas - which has thing pastry layers and between each of them tons of cream caramel. We cut them 1/2 and 1/2, hehehe. They both were so good!!! It was a sugar bomb! They were sweet, but at same time eatable, hehehe.

Poor guys, they didn't know BiG and how much he likes to enjoy every single bite of his food, hahaha. We were just chatting when one of the waiters brought the bill - we didn't ask for it - and told he was sorry, but they were about closing. Ooops! Well we paid and kept on chatting while he came back with the change and even a bit longer :P

Finally when we left the place it was almost midnight and they close at 11pm! Ooops! They had to reopen the front door for us, hehehe. We felt so important. I didn't have to work tomorrow morning, but I was tired since I woke up early. Better drive back home and meet tomorrow after gym, so we'd go to the market. I was owing BiG the market tour and he would enjoy it so much that it wasn't fair not to go there :)
yadilitta says:
hahaha, thanks Mark!!!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2009
travelman727 says:
Yadi, AS ALWAYS, you are the hostess with the mostess! :-D
Posted on: Oct 11, 2009
humita & empanada de carne
humita & empanada de carne
humita de garbanzos y champinones …
humita de garbanzos y champinones…
cocada (coconut dessert) & mil hoj…
cocada (coconut dessert) & mil ho…
sweet!!!