10.10 was BiG's last day in Lima... again food and fun always guaranteed

Lima Travel Blog

where are you going?
It was Saturday and it would be BiG's last day in Lima, at least this year. I had already plans for the evening, but wanted to meet him before he leaves, so we agreed to meet for lunch. But this wasn't the only reason, we have so much fun eating together, hahaha.

I went to the gym and before going back home I picked him up, then we both drove home and left to a restaurant. He loves Peruvian cebiche and seafood, that this would be part of his last lunch in town. Their friends were going to Chinatown, but I prefer him to have something he couldn't have back home :)

Although I'd have loved to try a new place, I decided to go to the safest. There's a place I really like. It's very good and not expensive.
were so fresh
But the only problem is that it's always crowded with long lines, but it was early and we could even pick up a table, hehehe. By the time we left - they weren't closing this time - there was a long line. So good we arrived early, yay!

I was in charge of ordering the food again, hurra! We got choritos (mussels with chopped onion, tomato and corn) for appetizer. They were so good and fresh. And to drink, no alcohol please! We had 2 Inca Kolas, yay! Oh! I'd miss BiG. We had so much fun talking and he gave me some names of food related movies...

Then we ordered the cebiche. We asked the house special one. It was very good. BiG was telling me that in Thai, they had a similar concept dish, but it was more creamy and cebiche is not creamy at all. But the special of the house is creamy.
the trio of causas: green mashed potatoes with huacatay (herb) stuffed with shrimp; orange mashed potatoes with rocoto (spicy red pepper) stuffed with crab meat & yellow the classic made of mashed potatoes with yellow pepper stuffed with tuna. So tasty!!!
They use a rocoto dressing. It was terrific! They serve huge portions here, so we just ordered 1, hehehe.

I asked him if he'd like to have dessert, but he told me he'd prefer another cebiche for dessert, hahaha. He'd miss this dish so much... There was something I wanted him to try, the causa (stuffed layers of mashed potatoes). I took another look at the menu and saw they had a new dish, a 3 type of causas. Wow! That sounds perfect!

A few minutes later the waiter came with a nice dish with 3 color causas. 1st -  yellow, potatoes mashed with yellow pepper and stuffed with tuna; 2nd - red, potatoes mashed with spicy red pepper and stuffed with crab meat & 3rd - green, potatoes with huacatay (an herb) and stuffed with shrimp. The yellow is the traditional one.
BiG with Minigunther ;)
It was my first time trying the others. What a great discovery! hehehe. BiG's favorite was the green one, and I can't decide between the red or the green, mmm. Though decision.

Wow! it was delicious but so much food. We were ready to leave. As we did the past few days, after a lot of food taking Gunther for a walk was a MUST, hahaha. So we drove back home to pick up my baby. We couldn't leave right away, Gunther was eating. He was having lunch :) While we were waiting I was downloading some Peruvian music for BiG.

Ok, Gunther was ready now. After a scandal. He always screams when we are about leaving we were ready to go. This time BiG would take him. And yes, Gunther is small but strong, hahaha. We started to walk around and went to different parks, there are many several near my house. The day was sunny, so nice! But after the fish I was thirsty. So what about having a cremolada - which is a refreshing cold dessert. Just crushed ice with fruit pulp. It's not just ice with syrup. That was BiG's idea, so was surprised when we got the cremoladas and he loved it! That was the perfect ending for such a lovely day...

I drove him back home and it was hard to say Good bye! Well, it would be just "see you next year". Yes, 1 year seems sooo looong but at least we are 1 day closer now ;)
were so fresh
the trio of causas: green mashed p…
the trio of causas: green mashed …
having choritos, Peruvian style
having choritos, Peruvian style
new friends!!!
new friends!!!
our special cebiche - yummy!
our special cebiche - yummy!
ready to take Gunther for a walk!
ready to take Gunther for a walk!
come on, Gunther!