Off we go!

Washington Travel Blog

Today Jess and I left for our week-long trip to England.  Jess is meeting her parents in London and I am going to Birmingham and Dublin, Ireland  to visit friends. SO basically we just travelled together.  Checking in was pretty hectic because our original E-tickets were messed up and they had to issue us paper tickets which meant being at Dulles on a Sunday afternoon waiting in seriously long lines.  Once we got checked in, we weren't allowed to take our time, becuase the were already boarding the flight.  Anyways, I got our tickets with United Airlines, because I almost exclusively fly with them or one of the Star Alliance partners because their frequent flyer programs are the best (in my opinion).  Our tickets routed us through Brussels and then onto London Heathrow flying BMI.  The flight was more or less as expected except for the screaming kids.  For some reason, screaming children always end up on my flights and they always sit behind me or next to me! But I suppose I can't complain.  They weren't as bad as the little girl who screamed and kicked the back of my seat for 11 hours on my way to Australia.  So these kids were manageable! The movies weren't too great but we had a laptop that we watched some DVDs of Australian tv shows!.  So, only 7hours of flying to Brussels!
misspeazze says: