Paramaribo

Paramaribo Travel Blog

We spent whole day walking streets of Paramaribo. A day before we tried to find a day trip to plantations or some other boat trip, but there was nothing on that day.
Paramaribo is very special place. I never in my life saw government offices located in a crumbling, half-destroyed buildings. Remains of dutch past, beautiful wooden architecture is getting rotten and falling apart, except one main street everything is in very bad condition. It seems that UN is trying with preservation of some buildings, good luck with that!
Despite bad condition of buildings, the place is still beautiful, people are very nice, food is excellent (especially Indian), Parbo beer was very good too.
This country is still popular for dutch tourists, with exception of one we met, all were from Netherlands. We only met one guy from USA, who was doing the trip from opposite direction. We had a beer together at the hostel bar and he warned us about staying in Guyana. According to him, we were going to most dangerous place he has ever seen, even worse than Miami :))) Well, I am very curious to see more dangerous place than Miami :)))
Paramaribo Hostels review
This guest-house is just 2 minutes walk from the cathedral. Cheap, well equipped, on quiet street. Had all we were looking for - laundry service, inte… read entire review
Paramaribo