A welcome to a new TB member of the Santa Cruz family & a welcome home for me ^o^

Santa Cruz Travel Blog

Menu:

- Bonny Doon Beach: my own little hidden inlet...truely a gem in the summer morning!!

- Organic Strawberry Stand: the strawberries were PERFECT!!  Just Ripened to golden perfection!!

- Mystery Spot: wel...its a mystery hahaha!!

- The Boardwalk: which sadly was closed...

- Dinner @ Angelica's Bistro @ Redwood City: menu included Bruschetta, Salmon & Brie Crepe, Rueben Sandwich, Bread Pudding, Gelato & Cafe...sorry there are no pictures...perhaps Uta has them hahahaha, i just started to dig in...

We began right at noon down the Coastal Highway 1 from San Francisco.  The fog had not yet lifted from the face of the city as we sloshed through the winding roads past Devil's Slide & Pacifica.

I have a driving mix especially made for foggy morning misty drives...but i had neglected to pack it in the car...poor Uta will never know hahaha!!  The fog didnt clear until we were almost to Bonny Doon, a town of population 301, passing Pescadero Beach & Pigeon Point Lighthouse (theres a HI Hostel here too).

Santa Cruz is like a second home to me, having marinaded a good portion of my life into her rolling hills and pristine (vocab word for Uta hahha!!) beaches.  I thought it would be appropriate to bring Uta to Santa Cruz for a proper California welcome to Hippies, Yuppies & sun, and at the same time recharge & refuel my energy so that my Santa Cruz hugs will have maximum power for my upcoming trip to the Andes.  The sun was slowly starting to peel away from the coast as we hit the beach, climbing onto the rocky "throne" of the beach, where you can catch a good view of the sand stretching to the cliff walls overlooking the inlet to the left, and the "clothing optional" people sun bathing to the right (hahaha!!).  The morning air was blowing into our faces as we unsheathed our sandwiches and embraced the sea foam (well it embraced our sandwiches and faces many many times).

Santa Cruz