My trip to London

London Travel Blog

I spent 4 nights at the beginning of my April 2009 trip in London.  I traveled with a friend of mine so we stayed in a hotel near Hyde Park.  We did a lot of the usual tourist things, rode the London Eye, went to Buckingham Palace,  climbed to the top of the Cathedral, went to a few really old pubs around the city.  Look kids....it's Big Ben and Parliment! (thinking of Chevy Chase in the movie European Vacation)  My most favorite place we had drinks at was a wine bar called Gordon's Wine Bar.  It was down in an old wine cellar under a building, it was kinda dark and lit with lots of candles. We had a great wine, cheese and bread lunch there one afternoon.  The highlight of my London trip was taking the train 45 minutes out of the city to Rayleigh to visit my friends Paul and Claire whom I had met previously in Italy in 2007.  We went for drinks and dinner at a casino near their home and had a great time laughing and hanging out with them and we spent the night at their home before heading back to London the next morning.  It was mostly gray and overcast and made me think of Seattle in the winter, but the sun did break out the last 2 days and it was pretty nice.
sylviandavid says:
Sounds great... Gordon's wine bar sounds really fun
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009