Martinez, CA to Dunsmuir, CA

Martinez Travel Blog

I woke up the following morning at 7:05AM. We arrived into Martinez after I woke up. We were not even at Sacramento, we were running really LATE.

I went downstairs and took a shower, and then walked to the parlour car for the continental breakfast. At about 7:45AM we were in the dining car having breakfast. As always, I get the continental since I am not much of a breakfast eater. I had Rasin Bran, a biscuit, and Strawberry yogert, and milk to drink. We had breakfast with a man from Montana who was an educator and was connecting to the Empire Builder. (10hrs. late <yeah right>) he told us he took the train because he was in the air force and could not stand flying anymore. There was also a nice woman who lived in the suburbs of Seattle. She was worried about he daughter not knowing what time to pick her up from the train station in Seattle. I offered for her to use my cell phone and she was very thankful doing so. We ate breakfast for about an hour talking about trains, education and other random topics of conversation.

We got to Sacramento, after Davis and stayed there for about 20 minutes.

We departed Sacramento and arrived in Chico at 11:18AM while relaxing in the Parlour Car.

Around noon, we went to the dining car for lunch service. For lunch, as always...I got the Burger with cheese and no bacon.

For dessert instead of Cheesecake I decided to try the chocolate mousse pyramid. This was not that good, but it was not to bad.

We passed through Redding at lunch. The next station stop was Dunsmuir, CA. Between Chico and Dunsmuir is my favorite scenary on the Coast Starlight (LAX to CMO).

photo by: princenoah