Chico, CA to Tamien, CA

Chico Travel Blog

The following morning, we are still running about 4+. I did not wake up until about 7:30 becuase I just couldnt do it with 4 hours of sleep. I immediatly go downstairs to take a shower and go eat. In the Parlour car, I grab a few muffins and eat them in the dining car with the Continetntal, which included Raisin Bran, a biscuit, and strawberry yogurt.

While eating, we arrive in Chico, we depart Chico at 8:32AM.

I also recall an anouncement for California Zephyr #6 passengers to detrain in Sacramento to catch this train.

After breakfast, I have a good cell phone signal, so I call 1(800)USA-RAIL to find out how we were doing. The report was 4hours, and 46 minutes. Julie also estimated us to get into Los Angeles at 10:46PM, but that was not going to happen!

After a few more delays due to freigh traffic, we arrive in Sacramento, I did not see the Zephyr, but I did see one Capitol Corridor train. We stayed in Sacramento for about 20 minutes.

The next stop was Davis, CA . We arrived in Davis shortly, and only stayed there a few minutes.

Then it was Martinez, another one of my favorite California train stations.

By 11:50AM we are off to Emmeryville.

In EMY, we go have lunch in the dining car. As usual, I have a Cheeseburger.

Then we get to Jack London Square after that!

About 15 minutes later, San Jose.

San Jose is a familiar stop since it was where we got off the very first time I rode the Coast Starlight a few years ago.

After SJC, we went through a small commuter station, Tamien.

At this point, I relaxed in our roomette until we would get to Salinas.

Chico