Sintra

Sintra Travel Blog

Market Cascais

To start the day we went to the "Boca do Inferno" in Cascais. I didn't realise it but Alistair Crowley commited suicide there! I really must thank Pedro Ramos for all his help (fellow travbuddy), this was one of his "must do's". It really it amazing, we stood there for ages, hypnotised by the water going in and out of the caverns and caves. There is a market there too which is much much cheaper than anywhere else in the market.

Next we headed off to the "Cabo da Roca", the most westerly point in Europe. You can get a certificate but I didn't get one. It was very windy of course.

Finally we got to Sintra, it took us (my dad mainly) to find the historic part but now we know where it is we are amazed we couldn't find it. Anyway I really like Sintra, lots of shops (quite expensive though) the castles on the hill and the Palacio Nacional de Sintra, which was our next stop. As I have a student card I got in for free which is brilliant. It is completly different to the french one that I am used to, but it's amazing I love the use of tiles everywhere and with so much detail, espesially the wing that is fully tiled with what I call tile paintings.

For dinner we headed back to Cascais as they have a wonderful array of restaurants.

Boca do inferna