Lisbon

Lisbon Travel Blog

Tram 28

To save on parking charges we took the train from Cascais to Lisbon, which is an excellent service, you just need to remember to validate it (which we weren't told until the ticket men cam ..oops). It's a great ride all along the sea front. We wandered into town and found an information desk and were told to get the Number 28 tram into the Alfama and go to the castle which is what we did. The castle was amazing, unfortunatly I didn't get in free, but a reduced rate is always nice. - Just one thing .. Ice creams are sooooo cheap in Portugal I couldn't believe it!

The castle gives great views of Lisbon, there are two sections: one with the ramparts and second with the castle. My legs did hurt afterwards! We went round the museum which was nice but nothing overly special.

We wanted to see the rest of the alfama but didn't want to walk, so we got back on the tram and went all around until we got back to the train station, it is a great way to see the city (as long as you can get a window seat) and reasonably priced too.

As we had a rented house we decided to actually use it and had dinner to save a bit of cash. The more spending money the better :)

The Castle