Day 4 - Stuttgart

Stuttgart Travel Blog

From the top of the radio tower

We awoke in the morning again to a very plentiful German breakfast. More pretzels, more meats, more jams. We love it here. Nothing beats a great breakfast at the start of a day. Frank and Patsy were wonderful again and helped us to plan our day and trips around Stuttgart. Joe, Sebastian, and myself all decided to head out into town with Frank and Patsy"s sixteen year old son, Kilian. I should just say that I wish I had been as cool and mature as this kid is when i was sixteen. He turned out to be an excellent guide.

We started off at the city's radio tower. Elevators took us up to the viewing platform about 450 feet up. From there it was a clear enough day to look out and see pretty much all of the surrounding Germany. After a bit we left and rode the subway to the newly built Porsche museum. This place was unbelievable. Everything was top of the line. From the audio guides to the moving information screens and especially, the cars. I don't think any off us had ever realized how badly we all needed Porsches. If outside there had been a loan office and a dealership me may have all been coming home early. We all picked our favorites and took pictures. All and all it was a great museum.

That night, after a delicious pan of home made lasagna, we headed into town for a night cap before returning home and going to bed.

Atop the tower