55th day

Melbourne Travel Blog

- Got the train down to sydney airport and then my plane to melbourne airport. got off the plane and onto a shuttle bus to one of the train stations, i think it was called southern cross station but im not sure. i walked round to the Etihad stadium and tried to go in but it wasnt open. i then got a txt from Jess to meet her at flinders street station. i walked down there and exactly when i got there she called me and said i will be there in 1 minute. there she was 1 minute later and it was slightly strange as i hadnt seen her for 7 years!

- she took me through China town briefly, not very good, nothing like the one in london or for that fact in China! she then brought me up to a rooftop bar which was awesome. i bought us a pint each of Asahi which was good tasting and we stayed there and caught up on 7 years of life in about 2 hours. she then took me down to federation square. there is a big screen there all the time for big sporting events for when the stadiums are full.

- we walked down to a place called south bank and this is where the crown hotel is, also the crown casino. now i thought about gambling but then i remembered the night in hornsby RSL and thought it wasnt such a good idea, so you can see that travelling as taught me something!

- we then went to a building called the Rialto tower (melbourne 360) and went right up top to the observation deck and took a few photo's because my camera ran out of battery but i did take around 20 photo's so it was enough. you could see the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) from the top as well and it looked massive from there.

- we then went to the state library and sat on the grass in front of it and waited for her friend leigh to come and meet us. we sat and talked about bridge school until he arrived 30 minutes later and then he took us to a restaurant called Sisterbella and we had 2 pizzas between the 3 of us!

- we then walked down the a place called Public Bar - it is rather self explanatory, a bar for the public (18+ though) and i got smashed which was rather funny and made everybody laugh with my british humour! we were there for 5 hours!
Melbourne