Thailand Travel Blog› entry 26 of 64 › view all entries
- i had a good night sleep and then woke up and watched sky news for a while. lara got up early and went for a walk and the 3 of us then went and got some breakfast. i had a fried egg, bacon (thin streaky bits of fat), butterbeans with tomato sauce and real toast - not bread - real golden crispy toast for the first time in 3 1/2 weeks! this fry-up however isnt as good as yours nan - remember i want a big one when i get back for a belated birthday present!
- when louis and lara went out exploring yesterday they found these small huts that you can stay in for the night and after my initial reluctance we decided to do it. we all chilled out on the beach until 2:00pm and then we went back up to the room to shower and get some things packed for the afternnon - night and next morning. we checked out of one room and kept the other for the night even thgouh we wernt going to be staying in it so we could use it as a storage room for our big bags. it was only 150 baht each which is 3 quid so it was quite cheap for some security for our stuff.
- we all had baguettes for lunch and then we walked around the island - over large rocks and through the jungle to get to this secluded lonely beach surrounded by coconut trees and the sea (obivously). if a coconut had landed on your head you would have died and while we were there we heard and saw 3 coconuts drop - worrying times. there were people living here and we had to pay them for the hut and tent usage. we went and had dinner at a resort restaurant that we had walked past to get here (usually you just get on a taxi boat and they take yuo but everyone wanted to save money) it took 20mins to get there then we had dinner and walked back in the pitch dark which was rather amusing.
- the people that lived here were called "oat" and "kib", they were patr of the family here. they came over and asked us if we wanted to smoke weed with them - we all declined but was grateful for the offer. louis then went over as he wanted a bottle of water and when he stayed there i went over and joined him and we started to talk to these guys about their lifes. "oat" goes up to chiang mai and records CD's and then sells them there for 10 days and the rest he sells here (Phi Phi) but for a little but less. he then uses that little extra money that he makes to buy weed. he said it costs 3000baht (60 pounds) for 6 small bags.
- me and stewart went to sleep and it was so hot that i had to open the front zip of the tent to let some cool air in. it was a rubbish night sleep and then louis and lara got up at 5.30am to watch the sunrise.
- WHHHHHY DO PEOPLE INSIST THAT A SUNRISE AND A SUNSET ARE DIFFERENT?? THERE CLEARLY NOT AS THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME SAME COLOURS SAME SIZE - ONCE YUOVE SEEN ONE YOUVE SEEN THEM ALL!!!