Thailand Travel Blog› entry 11 of 64 › view all entries
- it was our last day with the group.
- we got up rather early and 9 of us went to a cooking course for 4hrs which only cost 800baht which is equivalent to roughly 17 pounds. we also got a cook book at the end of the session.
- we cooked the food and then got to eat it - i could only manage half of what i cooked as we cooked 4 dishes.
- we got back to the hotel and i got 300 baht off everybody to buy "Sit" a guitar as we were leaving and he had pointed out one which he liked earlier to me on a trip around the town. 4 of us took a tuk-tuk to the music shop bought it and got a case and plectrums included in the price thanks to harry and then went back and presented it to him in a circle and he loved it.
- we then had to say goodbye to the group which was very tough and i had a little cry as they were very very nice people. Myself and louis then got a taxi to a hostel called Sk house which had nice owners and good accommodation for a good price.
- that night we got a taxi to a Muay Thai boxing arena and watched 7 fights including 10yr olds battling it out. in the major fight one of the boxers either fractured his leg or arm and couldn't continue because of the pain he was in.
- we then met luke again inside the arena which was rather weird as we were talking about him on the way there. we generally had a good time in the arena as the locals made it more interesting by trying to get the boxer they were betting on to keep going as to knock the other out so that they could win money.