Heading Home... :(

Playa del Carmen Travel Blog

So today it's time to head home.  I woke up and headed to the pool, leaving Kate in asleep in bed.  She came out to join me about an hour later.  For such a late night I had the night before, I was the FIRST person out to the pool.  The towel boys joked and asked me if I was even awake.  We had about two hours out by the pool before it was time to return to the room to pack and check out.  We ordered room service and packed while we waited for it.  Room service arrived, we crammed it down our throats and lugged our bags to the desk to check out for 12.  Our ride wasn't arriving until 12:40, so we lounged in the lobby and read books and napped.  After another scary two hour ride to the airport, we made it and checked in and went through security.  We had an overpriced lunch at Air Margaritaville and then sat down to wait for the plane.  We boarded and about three hours later arrived safely at DFW.  We had quite a delay there and ended up boarding the flight home at about 10:30.  Some drunk girl got kicked off the plane but I was asleep for that part and missed all the fun.  We landed in New Orleans at about 11:30 and made it home to Baton Rouge at about 1:00.  While we were gone, our co-worker "punked" us and left messages on Kelli's car and my front door that read "LSU Sucks", "I love Nick Saban", and "I hate Disney World".  He even rolled my house but the nice neighbor across from me cleaned it up before we got home.  All in all, I am exhausted but it was a good trip.