Ocean City

Ocean City Travel Blog

Predawn
I was up before dawn to be certain to get photos of the sunrise over the Atlantic. This would be a unique opportunity. A view out over the ocean from our room's balcony. Clear weather. Calm seas. It did not dissapoint. The sky began to glow orange in the minutes before dawn, illuminating sea. A few people were gathered on the beach below to also see the day in. I tooks lots of photos, a few of which I present here. The beautiful show continued on through sunrise.

The sun was up and now it was time for breakfast. Susan had spotted a local bagel shop the night before, near the Wawa. We headed for it, but could not find it again.  So, we stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts instead. I like their coffee and we found their bagels and veggie cream cheese to be very good indeed. After breakfast, we headed in the other direction, north, along the Boardwalk. All along it were people walking, jogging, or cycling. The Boardwalk ends at 28th Street. Beyond are sand dunes and a few more beach hotels. The lifeguards were just setting up their stations here and people were beginning to migrate out onto the beach. (This was the last weekend for the lifeguards--end of season. Most of the Ocean City lifeguards are recruited from Eastern Europe and I imagined they would now be traveling or heading home for fall.)
ik-ben-10eke says:
I think it was sure worth the early wake-up :)
Posted on: Mar 08, 2010