Coors Field - Denver

Denver Travel Blog

A weekend trip over the 4th of July holiday weekend was specifically to see a game at Coors Field. This would be my baseball stadium trip of the year this year. I had been to Denver just a year earlier to see the NCAA Hockey tournament and was disappointed that the Rockies weren't playing at home that weekend. But, I love visiting Denver and very nearly moved out there in June of 2008.

The day got off to an ominous start as it rained heavily until about 30 minutes before the game was supposed to start. But, after a short delay it was clear from then on. Coors Field is a beautiful stadium located pretty close to what I'd call the downtown Denver area. In what feels appropriate for Colorado there are several brew pubs around the stadium area worthy of a pregame meal or adult beverage. Micro brews are also available inside the stadium, which is certainly a unique option especially when considering the stadium is named after a not-so-micro brewery.

Coors Field is an open-air stadium, which is always my preference. On the upper deck there is a row of seats that is purple. This row is at 5,280 feet above sea level, which is exactly one mile. I found all of the seats that I tested out to be quality seats with good views. Really one of my favorite ballparks. And had it been a clear day I'm sure I'd have had a view of the mountains from some of the seat locations. Sadly, it was cloudy and gloomy until after dark when suddenly the night became near perfect conditions.
The mile-high seats