Baseball Tours

Lake Geneva Travel Blog

From the time that I was young when my family would take cross-country trips each summer in our station wagon I have been visiting baseball stadiums.  I have not yet seen them all, and they all seem to be changing rapidly.  I have seen a significant number of them and this is the blog I will write my memories of each one.  Some of them will be distant memories without pictures as I haven't been there for many years, some will be very recent memories with pictures.  I know that there are a significant number of people who enjoy seeing games at stadiums all around the country, so hopefully this proves to be a worthwhile venture not only for me and my trips down memory lane, but to others who might also be doing, or thinking about doing, such a trip.

As I said, many of these were seen on family vacations.  To paint a picture of our family vacations I will say that the stereotypical image of a family cramming into a station wagon and driving across the United States was taken literally by my family.  As the years went by we actually looked sillier and sillier with each progressive trip.  In addition to a beat-up station wagon we also were pulling a pop-up camper that often had bikes mounted on the bike rack.  To add even more fun to this image were the two large, cream-colored car-top carriers strapped up to the tops of the station wagon.  When my siblings and I were much younger all 8 of us in the family could cram into one station wagon.  The last few trips once we got a bit older required an additional car.  Yes, we were quite the bunch.

So many of our summer trips were determined by the baseball schedule.  Trips to Baltimore, Texas, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Boston were just a handful of our summer destinations that were planned around the Milwaukee Brewers, our team.

Lake Geneva