Boblingen center and lake

Boblingen Travel Blog

The market square in Boblingen

Downtown Boeblingen is another nice place to spend time and go shopping.  The area around the lake is particularly nice. Once they finish reconstructing the Boeblingen main train station getting here will be also more convenient and inviting. The old station was really nothing special.

I like strolling around the lake and get an iced coffee at one of the many restaurants with outdoor seating.  Weather permitting of course.

We have several favorite restaurants in Boeblingen.  One is the Italian restaurant La Firenze or also known as Carmelo’s.  Carmelo the owner is a sweetheart. We once went here on Valentine ’s Day without reservations and he did not send us away. He seated us and was extremely nice to us. We’ve been coming back ever since.  The food sometimes takes a little while so don’t come super hungry and you’ll be fine. Order some starters – everything is good here.

Around the corner from Carmelo’s is O’Donovan’s Irish Pub. I’ve been known to go there a few times a year for some cold cider straight from the tap. ;)

Also the Greek restaurant “Der gruene Turm” is fantastic. We had long searched for a place that served seafood in good quantities at a reasonable price and this place is the best. I’ve taken visitors here as well. I’m talking to you Lena and Mark. ;)

Me and Dad by the lake