New Spot.

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

Woke up HOT. forgot to turn the fan on during the night. Forgot to pick up Elz before i collapsed on my bed. Elliot and Stuart were both ill. I felt pretty rosy, just tired. We were changing guesthouse. Our inital choice had grown on the others, the water that smelt of piss and the hard beds couldn't be taken anymore. So for 50baht(1pound) more, we had AC, hot shower and comfortable beds, with a TV. Not bad. Snoozed a lot. Said our farewells to Kim and Max. Had brunch. Went walking with Lara whose foot still slows her down so it was a little more difficult getting to the more remote beaches. Reached the real secluded one and read. I started the book "The Beach". it fits. Thinking of staying there the next night. Walked through the jungle, so many mosquitoes. Real Itchy. Found another jungle path shortcut that was a little tricky getting up as the steps were a trees roots but it was cool and we arrived on a beach as the sun was setting over the dark hills. And yes once again, mental sunset. Sat on the rocks watching the colours gradually turn more vivid and listening to the breaking water glide over the small seashells/stones which lay on the beach. Bought a cold coconut which provided a refreshing drink. Went to GGPP, a newish restaurant with a friendly foreign owner. I splashed out, spending 300baht on an incredible chicken burger with huge chunky fries, garlic bread, a banana pancake and complimentary lemon vodka shots which capped it off nicely. The centre of town is packed with foreign travellers handing out promotional leaflets for various bars/clubs in order to earn some holiday money and so that they can benefit from the free drinks given to them. The postcards of the southern islands actually have become less impressive now. I first used to be in awe looking at them, the pristine beaches and crystal water. Been there done that. ANd it's amazing. Postcards don't even do it justice.